Volunteer to help the PME
The Museum depends heavily on the support of volunteers. We're looking for enthusiastic people to help out with all aspects of the Museum.
Projects and Duties
The Pacific Museum of the Earth can offer volunteer opportunities in all areas of museum life. At any one time the opportunities available may change.
At present we are looking for help with;
- leading guided tours and running workshops
- cataloguing the fossil collection
- staffing the shop
- improving our website and working on the interactive display formats
- photographing specimens for the catalogue
- cleaning and updating displays
If you feel you can contribute to the running of the PME please see the next section on how to get involved.
How to Get Involved
- step1 While not absolutely required, filling out the Volunteer Application Form will help
us ensure your volunteer experience is positive and compatible with your interests. Your resume or CV is required.
- step2 Send your resume and Volunteer Application form to the Volunteer Coordinator at pme at eos dot ubc dot ca.
- step3 The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss your volunteering interests and arrange a time for a volunteer interview.
- step4 Attend a volunteer interview with the Volunteer Coordinator and Museum Curator. Be prepared to discuss your motivations for volunteering, which types of projects you may be interested in, your schedule, and your desired time committment.
- step5 The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to arrange a schedule.